Grateful, what a lovely word.
A friend of mine shared a couple news articles with me that I found very interesting. The articles were stories about a horrific event. An event so horrible it would make anyone feel sympathetic. As I was reading them with grief in my heart, I couldn’t help but notice how many times I was seeing the word Grateful or a reference to it.
How could this be? Grateful is defined as .. To be deeply appreciative of kindness or being its received, to be thankful. How could anyone be greatful about anything or even be thinking about thankfulness to anyone at such a time of great sorrow. Every reporter, every interview, every sentence, every word….all with the general feel of gratuity. Why?
Why not anger for the answer? Why not inquisitive on who did what wrong? Why not hate?
Anytime I ask why enough, I go to the bible, and I then get a better understanding of what I am searching for. So as I was questioning how can someone be grateful at such a horrible time, I finally did it. I wanted the answer so I prayed and researched the Holy word. Of course I found something…
Colossians 3:17 – And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, [do] all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God for everything.
That helped me. That verse helped me understand that God has a plan. A plan for each of us and to give thanks and be greatful for all we do. To have faith in him and to give him the glory because we don’t understand his plan.
Do the right thing. No matter how you may feel about the issue. Just do the right thing. Turn to God and ask for his direction in prayer. He is always there for you. He will lead you in the direction that you need to go. And when you get there don’t forget to stop and say thank you. Thank you for the love, compassion and warmth that he is always watching over us and will guide us if we have faith in him.
Life is about moments. Good, bad, happy or sad. We all have moments. Make of them what you wish, but remember be thankful. Noone may ever know what road you traveled to get to the moment where you realize that we are not in control, but when you get a glimpse,,,,just a glimpse of Gods love for others, why not be grateful? Be greatful and show thankfulness to others because God is always with us during every moment.
I will never have the opportunity to meet you here, but I did get to know those around you. The loved ones that cared for you regardless of your faults. I am thankful for the new friendships and with the lessons this incident has taught me. The reminder of living for God and having faith in his path.
Lead with love, compassion and gratuity but always remember … We work for God.
Thanks for the reminder:-)
Super Heroes are everywhere, just look around.
Have you ever really thought about what makes us do good? I am a firm believer that we are all born equal and are all Good people. Then comes life. Life experiences, geography, peers, family, are all things that mold the person you become. But the core is good. Everyone still has that inside of them. Some find it earlier than others and some tend to pack it away in the back somewhere until something else pushes it out.
Lets take a look at numbers….In almost any profession you work from them. Just think about it….Statistically speaking if the majority of the people like a certain item, then it will sell. If the majority of people feel someone is guilty in a jury trial, then the defendant is found guilty. I feel the same goes for living for God and trying to do the right things. If you try your hardest to do right, the most you can… then opportunities will open for you.
Have you ever noticed that bad people usually avoid being around good people? They don’t like us because they feel like we are judging them. When truthfully we are not even thinking anything about them. We just live to help others, and deep inside would love to help anyone!
It doesn’t take a cape or a mask to be a superhero, but it does take wanting to do the right things and help people with nothing in reward. I challenge you to do the right things and to help fight evil in what ever capacity that you can.
Challenge yourself with this task and see what happens… Look at the people You come into contact with throughout your daily activities and see how they are radiating good. A smile at a drive thru window. A thank you for holding a door. A nod of a head when walking by a stranger. A tip of the hat to a fellow hat wearer, a wave to another motorcycle rider. What good can you produce today? Live your life to the fullest and remember good will prevail! The more good, the less space evil has.
Join in my quest to rename superhero to everydayhero. Because that is what every single one of us can and desire to be. Somewhere in that scar ridden heart is good. Harness it, embrace it and lets tell evil his days are numbered.
God Bless us all friends…..Blacks out!
2013 Resolution! That is funny in two different ways, or maybe three. First for the simple fact that I cannot believe it is actually 2013 , second because I laugh at myself when every year I say I am going to loose weight and third is that I know every blogger across the World is coming up with their New Years posts.
I am assuming this is the spot where I need to tell you what I want to do this year. With my Top 5 things I want to accomplish in 2013! Why top 5? Well maybe because I can think of 4 things but I really need to stay with loosing weight so that would be 5. Not in any particular order though. Might be more of a 5 things not a top 5. i really will work on these equally everyday
5. Loose Weight (had to say it). But as I type it maybe I should just say it different. How about live a healthier life style. I have been on multiple diets, but I think I want to start with doing a few things less dramatic. My main problem is when I say I’m going to do something and then going over dramatic with it. So lets start by just trying to be healthier.
4. Reach out to others more. Lets show people that we do care! I hate to think sometimes that I get so caught up with things that I forget what God has given in. I am not speaking of material things, I mean the gift of knowing others. I have a lot of friends. A lot of good hearted, kind people that I rarely even say hi to anymore. And on another note, I have the opportunity to meet people daily and show them Gods love and care for them. I want to do that more without taking advantage of the most important part of showing my family I love them unconditionally. I want to be the best dad, step dad and husband I can be. That whole thing sounds like what I have been trying to do, I just want to make an effort to do it more!
3. Pray more. I have gotten a little cocky as of late in thinking that I can handle all my own problems and getting away from what I know is right and that is my faith. I am going to get on my knees more and ask for help with my weaknesses and also ask for more help for others. We take to much for granted, and I want to be able to reach out to people in ways that are good. Witnessing to others in my own way. So cliche, but so true when I say life is to short to live it wrong.
2. Read more history. I read a lot of things that are cool, but not very historical. I can tell you the whole new 52 story line but can’t tell you details about the Declaration of Independence. I am going to start with a small project to post to Wikipedia about. I have a few ideas I am tossing around and will talk more about them later. Just know that I will continue to be the master of useless information, but also be a little more resourceful and beneficial in showing others that I can do other things. All for the good of mankind ( told you I was dramatic!)
1. And finally to the part that I am starting on today! Develop my Matt Black page to be more informative with useful links and ways to help people. I have a whole funny story behind this. But will save it for another blog
Come join hands with the Black…lets see what kind of difference we can make!