Category Archives: Matt Black gives BACK
Do something Good today!
2013 Resolution! That is funny in two different ways, or maybe three. First for the simple fact that I cannot believe it is actually 2013 , second because I laugh at myself when every year I say I am going to loose weight and third is that I know every blogger across the World is coming up with their New Years posts.
I am assuming this is the spot where I need to tell you what I want to do this year. With my Top 5 things I want to accomplish in 2013! Why top 5? Well maybe because I can think of 4 things but I really need to stay with loosing weight so that would be 5. Not in any particular order though. Might be more of a 5 things not a top 5. i really will work on these equally everyday
5. Loose Weight (had to say it). But as I type it maybe I should just say it different. How about live a healthier life style. I have been on multiple diets, but I think I want to start with doing a few things less dramatic. My main problem is when I say I’m going to do something and then going over dramatic with it. So lets start by just trying to be healthier.
4. Reach out to others more. Lets show people that we do care! I hate to think sometimes that I get so caught up with things that I forget what God has given in. I am not speaking of material things, I mean the gift of knowing others. I have a lot of friends. A lot of good hearted, kind people that I rarely even say hi to anymore. And on another note, I have the opportunity to meet people daily and show them Gods love and care for them. I want to do that more without taking advantage of the most important part of showing my family I love them unconditionally. I want to be the best dad, step dad and husband I can be. That whole thing sounds like what I have been trying to do, I just want to make an effort to do it more!
3. Pray more. I have gotten a little cocky as of late in thinking that I can handle all my own problems and getting away from what I know is right and that is my faith. I am going to get on my knees more and ask for help with my weaknesses and also ask for more help for others. We take to much for granted, and I want to be able to reach out to people in ways that are good. Witnessing to others in my own way. So cliche, but so true when I say life is to short to live it wrong.
2. Read more history. I read a lot of things that are cool, but not very historical. I can tell you the whole new 52 story line but can’t tell you details about the Declaration of Independence. I am going to start with a small project to post to Wikipedia about. I have a few ideas I am tossing around and will talk more about them later. Just know that I will continue to be the master of useless information, but also be a little more resourceful and beneficial in showing others that I can do other things. All for the good of mankind ( told you I was dramatic!)
1. And finally to the part that I am starting on today! Develop my Matt Black page to be more informative with useful links and ways to help people. I have a whole funny story behind this. But will save it for another blog
Come join hands with the Black…lets see what kind of difference we can make!
So it has been a while since I have made a post, but it seems to have been a busy time with family, work…and the release of Battlefield 3 and Skyrim, but I had to take a time out for this one.
My motivational Ingles moment…
I stopped by the ingles a week or so ago on the way home from work and over heard a lady complaining about there not being any dry buggies for her to use. I am assuming she had forgot it had been raining all day like we lived in a rain forest, but I went along with my shopping and left. As I was pulling out of the parking lot, I saw an Ingles employee in the pouring rain gathering buggies…a job that not many people would want to do. As I pulled out I thought about that guy, and how cold and wet he had to be, but like most things …. My feelings faded and it passed by..
Until this morning….
Fast forward to today..I had just dropped off the kids at school and needed to stop buy Ingles to pick up a few things. I went to a different Ingles this time, not raining and no buggies in the parking lot and plenty inside. I went in, did my shopping and came out of the store. By this time it had started sprinkling rain so I hurried to the back of car, dumped my groceries into the back, pushed my buggy towards the buggy holding rack and dove in my drivers we seat just before it started raining more.
As I drove off, for some reason I thought of that grumpy woman who was complaining at the other Ingles,a few weeks back and had to stop my car in its tracks, get out with a smile on my face walk straight to the buggy I had just left and slowly strolled it back inside. Now I am drenched, but smiling ear to ear when I look up and see 2 employees talking to each other. One looks at the other and says wow someone brought back a buggy, he smiled at me and gave me a nod. I nodded back at him in a way that said, you won’t have to get my buggy today. As I walked back out I thought to myself, this great feeling I am feeling right now may be the whole reason that I had overheard that grumpy lady…. And can’t help but think
God is Great! He can even talk to us even through grumpy Ingles shoppers.
…..no problem central avenue..we love you to)
Matt Black gives back
How epic would it be if you knew someone was being refreshed with 12 bottles of dasani water that was on the brink of a 45 Mph plunge off the back of a tail gate. The picture shows how close this was to being a reality! Matt Black had to act fast to give back on this one. After getting next to the driver and using my secret skill of hand gestures and semi sign language. I was able to relay the tragedy that was about to happen. If you have a weak stomach use discretion when looking at first photo. The second photo is the water safe and tailgate up.
Yes even the most detailed median in a roadway can be littered with double stacker debris. They just picked the wrong street. Sorry Vandals, go litter somewhere else!
Read all about the headlines not a dollar sweet tea!.
Matt Black gives Back…..so can you!
How could anyone walk down the sidewalk, if they were having to dodge trash bags!
Matt Black gives back!